Checkmate.com Inc. (“Company” or “We“) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you purchase, download, install, register with, access or use Checkmate’s mobile application (the “App”) or website and other online products and services (together the “Services“).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
The App or the Services are not intended for those under 18 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a person under 18, please contact us at email@example.com. The use of the App and the Services is limited to those over 18 years of age. If you are not over 18 years of age, please do not use the App or our Services and delete the App from your mobile device.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about Users of our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the App.
Information You Provide to Us.
When you download, register with or use this App or the Services, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, profile picture, social security number, credit card or other payment method, items requested, delivery notes, and other information you choose to provide such as the foods you prefer, the restaurants you prefer or frequent and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as frequency of usage and foods and restaurants that are popular by a certain User group.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App or by using the Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App, subscribing to our Service, posting material and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the App or the Services.
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your account with a payment provider (e.g., Google Wallet) or social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the App and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the App.
- Your search queries on the App.
You may provide information to be published or displayed (“Posted”) on public areas of websites you access through the App (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to 2 share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection And Tracking.
When you download, access and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details.
When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information.
We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files.
The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
- Location Information.
This App collects real-time information about the location of your device.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the App or delete it from your device. We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Information Collection And Tracking Technologies.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies).
A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
- Web Beacons.
Pages of the App and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count Users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-party Information Collection
When you use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, ad networks and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this app. The information they collect may be associated with your
personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, the Services and any other information, products or services that you request from us, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, authenticate Users and send product updates and administrative messages.
- Send or facilitate communications between you and independent third party food and delivery service providers (the “Third Party Providers”) to enable them to provide such services, such as food orders, special requests or preferences, payment and delivery details (including device location and delivery address).
- Send or facilitate communications between you and a contact of yours at your direction in connection with your use of certain features, such as referrals, invites or split bill requests.
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, events of the Company and other companies, where permissible, and to process contest, sweepstake or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards.
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, contents, social connections, referrals and advertisement.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App or the Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you use the App or the Services.
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our Users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business, including the Third Party Providers.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Checkmate.com Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Checkmate.com Inc. about our App Users is among the assets transferred.
- To Third Party Providers to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Checkmate.com Inc., our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations
for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices about Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Tracking Technologies.
- Location Information.
You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotion by the Company.
If you do not want us to use your e-mail address to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by emailing us. You can also always opt-out by logging into the App and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Targeted Advertising by the Company.
If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by us. You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing.
If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out by emailing us. You can also always opt-out by logging into the App and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the App and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your User account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
or write to us at : 460 West 42nd Street, Suite 57B, New York, NY 10036